Thursday, July 15, 2010

terrible tv shows

I'm going to see 311 Pepper & Offspring tomorrow with 3 people I really like. Oh boy.

OMG I am watching this show Snapped on the Oxygen network. I like watching murder mystery shows so don't judge me. Anywho, I like this show but the commercials are really hard to get through. For example, 2 new shows that have been advertised are called "Mary Knows Best" and "Hair Battle Spectacular."

MKB - doesn't really sound that bad at first glance, but then you find out it's about a psychic mother named Mary who says things like "Mama mia!" and her kids say things like, "Just turn off the ability for like 2 seconds!" I hate psychics, or people who claim to be psychics rather, and the fact that she has her own kids fooled is even worse.

If I had a dime for every time my parents called me out for breaking the rules or whatever, I'd have a lot of money. It's parental intuition, c'mon. Had they ever once tried to convince me that they knew I was lying due to their psychic abilities, it would have been game over. I never would have caved again.

Psychics are lame and the only thing worse than them is the people who give them credence and enable them. Enter lame TV show.

HBS - Oh my god. It looks like Project Runway, except with hair instead of clothes, and D-list stylists instead of Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn. The commercials look awful awful awful. And the judges are worse, because like the psychics mentioned above, someone is enabling them. It's like watching VH1 shows like "Top 100 One Hit Wonders" and then watching people make fun of the artists featured. Then you realize the people poking fun are Kathy Griffin and... uh... yea my point exactly. I can't remember anyone else because they are less memorable than the one hit wonders.

Stupid people perpetuate stupid shows.

On an unrelated note...

Meredith: I would like to shoot ***** in the woods
and pay some hick
to do away with him
deliverance style
Meredith: you know what I'm saying?
oink oink

Now THERE'S a housewife who needs a TV show.

No comments:

Post a Comment