Wednesday, July 21, 2010

some more art, plus the wire

I created 2 more pieces and finished (sort of) my Doggy Jail picture. I have to thank Courtney for taking that one - Dexter sits on the stairs and looks at us through the railing like he is in jail. Courtney took some pictures and dubbed it "Doggy Jail" and that's what we call it now when he goes there. So that's the first one. I tried to spice it up a little by using purple for the shading and blue for the muzzle markings and it turned out pretty neat, but I went a little further with the next two.

One is of him laying on the bed with his ear up in a funny way, and the other one is a duplicate of a picture from the last post. The picture I used as the model is the very first picture I ever took of Dexter. We visited BARCS during the week and saw 2 dogs that we liked. Over the next few days, Dennis said he had dreams about Dexter (then named Propellor) and that we had to get that dog.


We went back to BARCS on a Friday to see Dexter again but it was so crowded that there wasn't enough time to see him, or even to see if he was still available. We took home the adoption papers to fill out and crossed our fingers. We went back on Monday and as luck would have it, he was still there. We were so happy to see him again. We took him to a run outside and played with him off leash. I took that picture of him smiling with his huge mouth open and it's just perfect! What a great model!! :)

So I'll be creating a few more of that same picture with different color schemes to see how it turns out, and I might even try an Andy Warhol theme with it. I'll post the pictures.

On a separate note, Ashley lent us seasons 1-4 of The Wire and we have started watching. Wow, crazy show! So far, I am captivated. That is all for now - back to my painting. Night!





No comments:

Post a Comment