Thursday, July 15, 2010

my one year anniversary with baltimore

I actually hate it when people call Baltimore "Charm City" but I had to go with the flow of my old blog and Baltimore City just wasn't cutting it.

We have a slug problem in the basement. It's disgusting. We have a carpet remnant down there and you can see the slug trails all over it. They only come out at night or something, and for the 3 months we have lived here I have only seen 2. The first one escaped my wrath because it was actually crippling fear. I tried setting a beer trap for them but they evaded me.

So I went down to finish my laundry tonight and there was this huge guy just laying there. I got the salt and poured it on him. I felt really bad. Then the slug was writhing around and I felt worse. I offered up a job on facebook for someone to come clean it up but I only got 2 offers. The economy can't be that bad!

I ended up cleaning it up myself, and I was freaking out the whole time and holding my breath for some reason. Then I finally got it into this garbage bag, and I put that inside of another bag because there was a little hole in the bottom of the first bag and I kept picturing this slug coming out in the night and eating me alive, like a Goosebumps book. I put those bags in the kitchen trash can (and a 3rd bag) and every time I had to open the trash for the rest of the night I did it as quickly as possible so the slug didn't have a chance to jump out at me. Yech.

I basically started up the old blog again so I could relate the story of this poor slug. The rest of my posts will be inspired by more interesting topics.. hopefully. I really want to go to sleep but I am worried that my visions of the slug will prevent me from sleep. I'm not kidding.. this incident really damaged me. I'll let you know how it works out.

Oh also in case you didn't figure it out yet, I have been living in Baltimore for over a year now. Yippee.

No comments:

Post a Comment